Welcome to the The Drake Online Application
STATEMENT OF RENTAL POLICY
Thank you for choosing our community, we require that each Applicant and
adult occupant meet certain rental criteria. Before you fill out our Rental
Application, we suggest that you determine whether you meet our
requirements. Please note that the term "Applicant" provided below applies
to all Residents to be identified on the Lease Contract and the person or
persons to be responsible for paying the rent. Please note that these
represent our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements
shall constitute a guarantee or representation by Owner prior to these
requirements going into effect. Our liability to verify whether these
requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from
the various credit reporting services used. All applicants must have a Social Security Number and will be approved on the following basis:
- All applicant(s) must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age or older. All occupants of the household eighteen (18) years of age or older must be listed as a lease holder. All applicant(s) must be able to provide a copy of their Social Security card.
- Occupancy Guidelines:
One Bedroom - 2 occupants
Two Bedroom - 4 occupants
Three Bedroom - 6 occupants
- A Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 per adult, age 18 and older is required, and a separate holding deposit (money order made payable to AJH Management and only refundable if the application is denied) which will be applied towards the security deposit. This will hold the apartment for up to thirty (30) days. Additionally, this deposit is non-refundable if applicant (s) does not take the apartment.
- Employment Requirement: Employment will be verified. Verifiable income shall include income as confirmed by employer, trust officer, two (2) recent computerized pay stubs, or two (2) years tax returns, if self-employed.
- Income Requirements: 2.5 times of Gross Verifiable Income must cover the monthly rent plus any monthly fixed obligations. If Applicants do not meet this guideline, Owner may look at other compensating factors (I.I Credit History, Length of Employment, or Rental History) in the approval process.
- Credit History: Credit history will be utilized to determine application approval. Negative credit history can affect the approval process of your rental application. In addition, any non-current accounts must have explanation clearing account. In addition, all outstanding public records or judgments must be cleared. Credit must not reflect any bankruptcies in the past two years. The Landlord reserves the right to deny your application if the above criteria is not met.
- Verifiable Rental History: It is your responsibility to provide necessary information that allows us to contact your past Landlords. You must have a history of paying your rent on time, no prior convictions, no history of default in lease obligations, and have given proper notice and must not owe any money to your Landlord. If we are unable to verify your previous Landlords and/or references, we reserve the right to deny your application.
- Pets: Pets are allowed with restrictions. 2 pet max. Dogs may not be on our dangerous breed list. Please ask for further details.
- Criminal Convictions: AJH Management is an avid supporter of Crime Free/Drug Free in Multi-housing. Applicant(s) with criminal convictions will be denied.
- Conditional approval: The above items will be utilized to determine approval of your rental application. The scoring system utilized by AJH Management allows for a conditional approval which may require a higher security deposit and/or co-signer for the rental lease agreement.
YOU WILL BE DENIED IF:
You misrepresent any information on the application. In general, if misrepresentations are found after the rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
If you are accepted, you will be required to sign a Lease Contract in which you will agree to abide by the policies of this rental property. A copy of this contract is available for your review. Please read the Lease Contract carefully, as we take each and every part seriously. It has been written to protect the rights of both our Residents and the Owners of the community.
REQUIRMENT OF RENTERS INSURANCE:
AJH Management is requiring all residents upon move in to provide a copy of their renter's insurance policy declaration page. Resident's must be insured with at least $10,000 in personal property coverage and $100,000 in personal liability coverage. In addition, the property at which you reside must be listed as an additional insured or interested party on the policy. The renter's insurance policy must remain active throughout the term of the lease agreement. AJH Management is unable to hand out keys to your new apartment home should there be a failure to provide proof of an active renter's insurance policy.
FAIR HOUSING STATEMENT:
It is the policy of AJH Management and this rental community to treat all Current and Prospective residents in a fair, professional manner, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, familial status, handicap or national origin.
“THIS IS AN EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY COMMUNITY”
NON REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATION FEE:
I hereby agree to pay a holding fee of $200.00 OR UO TO $400.00 for AJH Management to remove apartment #_____________ from the apartment availability list for 30 days.
I understand that the above administration fee is not a security deposit. I understand that this holding fee can only be refunded within 72 hours of payment upon withdrawal of application for any reason
I hereby agree to pay the security deposit of $150.00 to AJH Management made payable to: Drake Heights LLC upon my taking possession of the above apartment.
By choosing "I Agree" and continuing to the application I understand and agree to all of the above information.